Dash Nation On Discord Primer
Welcome to the movement! We hope you enjoy our company.
Whether you are viewing this before or after you have joined Dash Nation on Discord, you may be wondering what it’s all about. Dash Nation is a global movement towards financial freedom for the world. As such, it needs to hold itself to high communication and interpersonal standards to build its stature and encourage new people to join and contribute. It’s important in any organization to have places where people can gather (physically or virtually) to exchange ideas, report information, or simply unwind with like-minded individuals. When using Dash Nation on Discord, we have come to expect some simple courtesies when dealing with fellow Dashers, or anyone who visits us.
Dash is a global phenomenon. There is representation from all over the world, and many different styles and walks of life. We also respect that people will be joining us from many countries speaking different languages, with English as a second language. An organization such as that has particular challenges to keep respect and order in our forums. However, the simple values that Dash Nation represents such as respect for factual based arguments, treating each other with respect and dignity, and excitement for what Dash’s potential impact on the world might be shine through daily.
In order to keep this environment the way it has been as we grow, we need to have clearly defined rules and expectations. When using Dash Nation on Discord, you will see these values we share in Dash on display. For clarity, we will display the rules and moderation team here.
DASH NATION ON DISCORD RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Dash Nation members shall treat each other with respect and dignity. This means to encourage each other, push each other towards success, because each individual’s success leads to Dash’s success. At no time should anyone engage in ad hominem attacks with another. To do so is counter-productive and introduces a negative element to the Dash Nation movement. Please debate others on their points, not who they are.
- Dash Nation members shall not use profanity. While profanity may be a big part of some people’s way of speaking, it has no place in a semi-professional environment. Investors curious about Dash will no doubt visit this hotbed of community activity, and if we can keep the language clean, that will set us apart from other crypto chats. Aggressive language can lead to confusion and intimidation, no matter what the context. Please keep that in mind.
- Dash Nation members shall not attempt to pass unproven speculation as fact. This is actually a big deal, and can lead communities down a very bad road. We saw this first hand in the first, failed Dash chat. People who are allowed to push a narrative that has no factual basis can create division and animosity to the point that the whole chat can fall apart. This is not a situation that we want to see in Dash Nation, so this is a non-negotiable rule in our forums. It’s fine if you make it clear that something is your opinion, but not if you make it a statement as fact.
- Dash Nation members shall not solicit via Direct Messaging: Soliciting for whatever reason in DMs is strictly not allowed. If you are solicited for whatever reason in DMs, please report it to a member of the moderation team. This list will be posted below, and updated as it changes. Soliciting includes but is not limited to shilling for altcoins, trying to collect money for a proposal fee, selling something privately, or asking for loans. These members cannot be trusted, and often try to trick you with names that seem official, but have slight variations in spelling from the real person. No member of the moderation team will ever solicit you via PM.
- Dash Nation members shall not post personal advertising, including username URL promoting. Dash Nation on Discord is not the place for posting of promotional codes or referral links to anything for personal gain. Such messages, if discovered, will be deleted immediately. Please also be wary of people sending you these codes via PM.
- Dash Nation members shall not harass one another: It is a priority of the Dash Nation moderation team to provide environments where everyone feels safe, comfortable and respected. It is expected that no member be subjected to constant messaging and badgering from another member. If you feel you are being harassed by another member, please bring it to the attention of a member of the forum’s moderation team. First time offenders will get a warning, and if found violating this rule a second time, will be banned from our forums.
- Dash Nation main channel (#dash-talk) guidelines: It is important to the flow of conversation in Dash Talk for it not to be broken up by multiple pictures and links posted for whatever reason. On the other hand, the Dash Nation on Discord team agrees that meetup organizers and proposal owners should have the right to notify the community of the existence of their projects. In the spirit of compromise, we implement the following policy. Proposal owners and anyone else who desires to post a notification on the main Dash Talk channel may post up to one picture with text, and an invite to the appropriate channel (#meetups, #pre-proposals, #proposals) to view further pictures, links, or information. No proposal links will be allowed on the main Dash Talk channel, and multiple pictures will also not be allowed. Please respect this Dash Nation policy as a compromise in keeping the flow of conversation on the main Dash Talk channel at an optimal level.
- Spamming of Dash Nation channels: Moderators will use discretion in determining when someone is posting a little too frequently. Decisions of the moderators in these cases are final, however if you feel you are being treated unfairly, you may approach anyone from the moderation team to hear your case.
- Dash Nation members will respect the specialized channels, and take their OT conversations to the appropriate channel. As Dash Nation on Discord has grown, it has become more and more important to keep channels on topic from random conversations. The main Dash Talk channel could quickly become unreadable if this effort didn’t exist. We want people to be able to follow the topics that interest them, and be able to contribute in a meaningful way. To that end, if a member of the moderation team instructs you to take a conversation to an appropriate channel, please do so promptly. Failure to do so will lead to all future OT messages being deleted until you switch. In rare cases, a temporary ban may be needed. Please respect this basic request, it only takes a click of a mouse to take a conversation to the appropriate channel.
Rules will be added as the team feels they are needed. Thanks for reading and understanding our basic expectations for Dash Nation members.
DASH NATION ON DISCORD MODERATION TEAM:
- Mark Mason
- Tao Of Satoshi
Their usernames will appear in gold, and also be listed on the right hand sidebar on Discord. Please abide by any instructions given by these members of Dash Nation on Discord’s moderation team.