Dash Nation DFO (Dash Funded Organization) Update
Thanks so much for your continued support! Here is what we are working on.
Greetings, Dash Nation!
I’m Tao Of Satoshi, Dash Nation Founder and CEO of the Dash Nation DFO (Dash Funded Organization). I’m writing this post to let you know how much the team and I appreciates the support we’ve been given up to this point. We are humbled by the responsibility you give us to ensure respectful, inclusive forums for Dash, and to reach out to the community through Dash Nation’s various media outlets such as the YouTube channels Dash Decentral and Cash Alternative TV. We would also like to give an update on what has happened so far in this term, and outline our plans moving forward.
Key points so far in the term:
- Dash Nation on Discord: One of the main focuses of our proposal is to provide a quality environment to onboard newcomers to Dash, in a forum that is becoming increasingly popular among young people. Dash’s premier place for online communication and collaboration continues to grow, with close to 8,000 members (up from below 6,000 at time of voting) calling Dash Nation on Discord home. The platform is becoming more multicultural as well, with a strong contingent of Filipinos that learned about Dash through StakeCube. We have found that these people are very friendly, so much so that the main channel had to be divided in two: A #coffee-bar channel added just for friendly greetings, keeping #dash-talk for Dash-related posts only. As a project that aspires to be global, having a strong Asian presence will be key, and the fact that these people are with us now is a big step. Key changes to DND: A #storm channel, where people can only comment during the designated #storm times and receive minor amounts of Dash. The camaraderie created there is adding to the positive vibe, as well as encouraging them to contribute to Dash. Also, we created a #social-media-squad that helps to share important Dash events and accomplishments on social media, adding greatly to our online presence. We are very excited about this new team, and look forward to its growth.
- Moderation on DND, Dash Forum and Dashpay Subreddit: This is continuing to go well, with the now well-established rules being followed pretty well. We have encountered some issues on Reddit with an incumbent moderator not wanting to adhere to Dash Nation rules, but with the help of Core Team members, we feel that this is pretty much resolved.
- YouTube channels: As mentioned in our proposal, the budget for these videos are on a “per episode” basis, and any unused amounts will be rolled over or returned to the Core team if the new term is unfunded. During this term, Brian Davis with Dash Decentral hasn’t made any new videos yet because of the nature of the show (videos from community members), submissions were coming from the same people always. We decided to mothball Dash Decentral for awhile until the demographics of this community are such that we may see more submissions from around the world. Cash Alternative TV (which will be accepting Brian Davis as a co-host) is currently working on an episode based on the BCH hash war, it should be out soon.
Now that we’ve covered this month’s events, let’s move on to future plans:
Aspects of moderation, community building and engagement that we will be working on this term:
- Dash Nation on Discord: Continue to encourage community participation via incentives (#storms) and cultivate an international presence. We understand that we may have certain people who may attend these sessions just to receive Dash and then leave, but the amount of engagement we are seeing in our special teams leads us to believe that the money spent (around $20 per storm) is worth it. We are leveraging the atmosphere that we worked hard to create by creating teams such as @Translator and @Social Media Squad that perform duties that will benefit Dash.
- Moderation: Continue to maintain the respectful, inclusive atmosphere on DND, Dashpay Subreddit, and Dash Forum.
- YouTube channels: Putting a hold on Dash Decentral due to lack of varied submissions, Brian Davis to become co-host of Cash Alternative TV and producing more content there. A new channel is in the planning stages for a Latin American audience (name to be revealed later), hosted by Carlos Penoloza.
- DashNation.com: The newly-freshened site will be a home for community blogs, videos, and education around Dash. We are planning an international section with different languages blogging on the site. The first one is in planning and will feature Jahlexis Tafari in “Criptoneros!” We will post a recruitment page soon, where you can check out the opportunities and email email@example.com if you would be interested in joining the Dash Nation DFO in this capacity. We are very excited to expand the team and create more content for Dash community members.
Once again, we are working hard, and we appreciate the support we have received from the community every step of the way. Cheers, Dash Nation!