A Dash Nation Slack Primer
Welcome to the movement! We hope you enjoy our company.
Whether you are viewing this before or after you have joined Dash Nation Slack, you may be wondering what it’s all about. It’s important in any organization to have a place where people can gather (physically or virtually) to exchange ideas, report information, or simply unwind with like-minded individuals. It was in that spirit that we began Dash Nation Slack.
Dash is a global phenomenon. There is representation from all over the world, and many different styles and walks of life. An organization such as that has particular challenges to keep respect and order in a chat room such as Dash Nation Slack. However, the simple values that Dash Nation represents such as respect for one another, treating each other with respect and dignity, and excitement for what Dash’s potential impact on the world might be shine through daily.
In order to keep this environment the way it has been as we grow, we need to have clearly defined rules and expectations. It was tried to keep posting them on the Slack, but due to the free plan’s 10,000 message limit, it kept sliding off. So, we will display the rules and moderation team here.
DASH NATION SLACK RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Dash Nation members shall treat each other with respect and dignity. This means to encourage each other, push each other towards success, because each individual’s success leads to Dash’s success. At no time should anyone engage in ad hominem attacks with another. To do so is counter-productive and introduces a negative element to the Slack. Please debate others on their points, not who they are.
- Dash Nation members shall not use profanity. While profanity may be a big part of some people’s way of speaking, it has no place in a semi-professional environment. Investors curious about Dash will no doubt visit this hotbed of community activity, and if we can keep the language clean, that will set us apart from other crypto chats. Aggressive language can lead to confusion and intimidation, no matter what the context. Please keep that in mind.
- Dash Nation members shall not attempt to pass unproven speculation as fact. This is actually a big deal, and can lead communities down a very bad road. We saw this first hand in the first, failed Slack. People who are allowed to push a narrative that has no factual basis can create division and animosity to the point that the whole chat can fall apart. This is not a situation that we want to see in Dash Nation, so this is a non-negotiable rule of our Slack. It’s fine if you make it clear that something is your opinion, but not if you make it a statement as fact.
- Dash Nation members shall not solicit via PMs. Soliciting for whatever reason in PMs is strictly not allowed. If you are solicited for whatever reason in PMs, please report it to a member of the moderation team. This list will be posted below, and updated as it changes. Soliciting includes but is not limited to shilling for altcoins, selling something privately, or asking for loans. These members cannot be trusted, and often try to trick you with names that seem official, but have slight variations in spelling from the real person. No member of the moderation team will ever solicit you via PM.
- Dash Nation members will respect the specialized channels, and take their OT conversations to the appropriate channel. As Dash Nation Slack has grown, it has become more and more important to keep channels on topic from random conversations. The main Dash Talk channel could quickly become unreadable if this effort didn’t exist. We want people to be able to follow the topics that interest them, and be able to contribute in a meaningful way. To that end, if a member of the moderation team instructs you to take a conversation to an appropriate channel, please do so promptly. Failure to do so will lead to all future OT messages being deleted until you switch. In rare cases, a temporary ban may be needed. Please respect this basic request, it only takes a click of a mouse to take a conversation to the appropriate channel.
- Dash Nation members shall not post personal advertising. Dash Nation Slack is not the place for posting of promotional codes or referral links to anything for personal gain. Such messages, if discovered, will be deleted immediately. Please also be wary of people sending you these codes via PM.
Rules will be added as the team feels they are needed. Thanks for reading and understanding our basic expectations for Dash Nation members.
DASH NATION SLACK MODERATION TEAM
Please abide by any instructions given by these members of Dash Nation Slack’s moderation team.
1st offense: Temporary ban (48 hours)
2nd offense: Temporary ban (1 week)
3rd offense: Permanent ban.
We hope that these measures will not be needed. The Dash community has been great so far, and we really hope the atmosphere continues to be fantastic. Let’s keep up the spirit we have going in Dash Nation!